Jamie Hooper joins Sport For Confidence as a Non Executive Director to support the organisation in its mission to make sport and physical activity more accessible to those who face barriers to participation.
During his 10 years working in the physical activity sector, Jamie has established himself as a leading specialist in creating inclusive cultures and driving behaviour change. Through his Diversity and Inclusion work with key organisations including Swim England and Sport England, Jamie has consistently driven a person-centred approach to decision making, helping extend opportunities to be active to all segments of the community.
Speaking of his appointment, Lyndsey Barrett, Lead Occupational Therapist and Founder at Sport For Confidence, says: “We are delighted to welcome Jamie to the Board. His experience, insight and connections will enable us to extend our services beyond our current sphere of influence, embedding physical activity into the lives of many more individuals across the UK.”
Last year, Jamie founded Inclusive Cultures to work with stakeholders and organisations to drive a culture of equality, inclusion and diversity in physical activity and sport. He also sits on the board for the Federation of Gay Games and the Black Swimming Association.
Jamie says: “Ever since I was first introduced to Sport For Confidence 6 years ago, I have been keen to offer official support. As soon as an opportunity to join the Board presented itself, I jumped at it.
“In my capacity as a Non Executive Director, I bring an inclusive and intersectional approach to the board and the wider organisation. I will encourage the team to continue to push boundaries, creating opportunities for everyone in society to be able to access and benefit from the many social, mental and physical benefits sport and physical activity have to offer.”
Jamie’s Board term with Sport For Confidence is for three years. He joins five other Non Executive Directors, appointed at the end of 2021 and three Founding Directors. Visit the Board of Directors page on the website to find out more.
- Steve Mitchell, Learning and Skills expert – Chair
- Lyndsey Barrett, Sport For Confidence Founder and Lead Occupational Therapist – Director
- Dan Black, Founder of Detail Design Consultants, Director
- Julia Skelton, recently retired Director of Professional Operations at the Royal College of Occupational Therapists
- Victoria Wells, National Lead for Inclusion and Targeted Interventions at the Youth Sport Trust and head of Governors at a Multi Academy Trust
- Stuart Palma, Head of Allied Health Professionals at NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Dr. Amy-Jo Lynch, Social Psychologist and currently working at the MCC
- James Holloway, retired from investment banking, retrained and is now enjoying a new career in the field of counselling and psychotherapy
- Jamie Hooper, Specialist in creating inclusive cultures, driving behaviour change, supporting the most marginalised, and putting people at the heart of decision making.